Culture, ie the norm, makes us believe that the only way to be a worthy overachiever, a true trailblazer or a good person is to cure cancer and end world hunger. Not true.
You have already achieved beyond a lifetime’s worth by being:
- the first in your family to go to college
- the first woman in your lineage to have a career
- the first woman in your lineage to be financial independent
- the first in your family to have a spiritual awakening
- the first in your circles to leave a lame marriage
- the first in your community to move abroad
- the first in your industry to quit a lucrative job in search of fulfillment (my naturopath close her medical practice to open a wellness yoga center)
- the first in your sisterhood tribe to put self-care over people pleasing
- the first in your world to write or speak publicly about the unspoken
- the first in your society to chose grace (ie ease, peace, joy, truth and trust) over patriarchal conditioning
- the first, second, 22,222nd person to do the above
- born a woman.
It takes a mighty brave soul to chose to come to Earth as a woman, born with every disadvantage, and every advantage she does have labeled as a disadvantage by patriarchy. Mighty. Brave.
Remember this list when "Culture" or patriarchy (or worse misogyny) has taken a punch to your beautiful heart.