- Be different, be weird, be crazy, and go aaaall out
- Research and apply for jobs online
- Setup 5 interviews in 5 days in NYC
- Buy a round-trip flight to NYC
- By end of day 2, smile at your first (of many) job offer
- Accept a dream job with an international humanitarian organization, Action Contre la Faim (ACF)
- Do a happy dance that you get paid for your web strategy and visual art talents, while doing good in humanitarian aid
- On day 4, buy a US cell phone and number because you know everything will work out
- By end of day 5, visit 3 apartments, pick the best one, sign a lease, put a $2000 USD cash deposit, and open a bank account
- On day 6, fly home and pack
- On day 7, move your entire life to NYC
- By end of day 7, get dropped off in Times Square by airport shuttle and just stand there, soaking in the lights, the possibilities, the freeeedom!
I was 45min early to my apartment viewing. While I sat outside, another girl arrived and we chatted. It turns out her sister used to work for ACF-USA! What were the chances?!? Over a dozen people came and went. And we ended up as next-door neighbors. Her co-worker used to live in my apartment, so she vouched for the landlord, who is just fantastic! My apartment was renovated with a new bathroom, new kitchen cabinets and a new fridge that stood in the living room.
Step into my minimalist 400sqft home sweet home.